JobKeeper: Monthly Reporting Now Open!
If you are registered for JobKeeper, you are required to complete a monthly business declaration to continue claiming the payments. This declaration must be completed in the first 14 days after the month you are claiming for.
The JobKeeper declaration for May is due by Sunday 14th June.
In this declaration, you are required to confirm the number of eligible employees, as well as if you are claiming for an eligible business participant. You will also be required to provide GST turnover for the reported month and also projected turnover for the following month (the turnover information is not to re-test eligibility, rather to see business progress under the JobKeeper scheme).
Before you make your declaration, you must:
- Know your GST turnover for the reporting month
- Know your projected GST turnover for the next month
- Have paid eligible employees $1,500 (before tax) for each JobKeeper fortnight
- Change any eligible employees using the identify step if necessary (if you are using STP, you need to update these in your software 48hrs prior to making your declaration)
To make your declaration:
- Log into the Business Portal using myGovID
- View COVID-19 screen
- Select Step 3 – Business monthly declaration
As of the June JobKeeper fortnights, all payments to employees must be made on time. The JobKeeper payment cut-off dates are outlined in the table below:
Should you have any queries in relation to JobKeeper, please do not hesitate to contact our office to speak to your trusted adviser.